Westlab’s laboratory design team worked closely with Western Diagnostic Pathology, PS Structures and Silver Thomas Hanley Architects (STH) to create lean and functional spaces that can stand the test of time. Westlab’s scope of work in this important project includes:
- Drafting and detailing STH laboratory design
- 750 linear metres of benching
- Interchangeable cabinetry
- Ventilation and biosafety cabinets
- Chemical, roller and multi-purpose storage systems
- Delivery and installation
The Jandakot facility will replace Western Diagnostic Pathology’s ageing central laboratory in Myaree and Vetpath’s Specialist veterinary pathology laboratory in Ascot. The new Jandakot laboratory is expected to be in full production by early 2021.
Through Specialist Diagnostic Services (SDS) and its brands – such as Western Diagnostics Pathology and Vetpath, the parent company Healius has become one of Australia’s largest private pathology service providers. Each year, SDS analyses and reports on over 15 million patient cases from samples collected across its Australian collection centres.